Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Wikipedia
I remember in my second year here at South, my English professor warned us against using Wikipedia as a reliable source. It is common knowledge that anyone can edit these entries on the site. Personally, I never use Wikipedia as a source for anything. There are so many other sites and places to find information. I think that is really neat that Virgil Griffith took time to develop the Wikipedia Scanner. I think for many people that will be very helpful for them. In reference to companies deleting information, whose to say that information was not false to begin with. They could have possibly been deleting untruthful information. I think that as long as anyone is able to edit Wikipedia themselves, that it is not going to be a reliable source. I guess we all take a risk by getting our information from the internet. You just have to be careful and do not be lazy. Check a few sources to make sure your information is correct!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment