Friday, September 5, 2008

"Did You Know" video!

The "Did You Know" video blew me away! I absolutely loved this video. I did not know so much of the information shared. First of all, the statistics that the video gives made me think twice. I had no idea some of the things that the video showed. I love that the video has been shared with so many users and that it will continue to be used. Technology has taken this world and completed transformed it. The video said that 70% of four year old children have used a computer, that 50% of people in the world have content on the web, and that thousands of words have been added to our vocabulary in just years. That is amazing and scary at the same time.

As a future teacher and parent, my concerns are how will I help keep my children prepared for the booming technology. I love how the video challenges people with "What's your vision"? It really made me think, what is my vision. How will I prepare myself and others for what the future holds. I love that we have people trying to help prepare this future generation. There are so many resources, conferences, websites, etc. available, to help spur on this growth. The ACCESS program, the shifthappens site, teacher blogs, etc. are all very helpful. Thankfully, I have seen this video and can go from here to further my vision.

No comments: