I was extremely encouraged by Dr.Christie's website. She has truly grasped the idea that technology is a wonderful tool that we need to implement in every child's life. She has a PhD in Educational Technology. She believes that we should use technology in the classroom. I agree completely with her. Also, Dr.Christie believes that we, as teachers, should be lifelong learners. I love that! I could use the site in a variety of ways. She has listed many resources, references, and ideas for teachers to use technology in the classroom.
I loved a few of the links I followed from her main website. I especially enjoyed one that had many ideas for children to use technology. One teacher had the students use Inspiration Software to make webs of the information they learned after watching a video. Another wonderful idea was with the use of Apple Works draw program. The students drew pictures that related to their vocabulary words. We have all these resources in front of us, we just need to use them. We forget all the technology we have at our fingertips that can make our classes more successful. From the internet to a digital camera, we need to take advantage of these things for our students.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment