I really enjoyed the ALEX (http://alex.state.al.us) website. The site has so many resources for teachers, administrators, and students. I probably spent almost two hours just searching through all the fun stuff that this site offers. First of all, ALEX provides students with many websites that offer then educational sites to explore on the web. They can find resources on ALEX from looking up certain animals to help with homework. Also, there is a link to an online translator. Children and parents can find resources on ALEX for counseling and guidance. It is easy to navigate through the site and find the information you need.
For teachers, I think ALEX is such a valuable reference to have. It provides lesson plans for every grade and every subject. There are also teaching tools and learning tools on the site. Countless handouts and references can be found to help in your classroom. Something interesting I found was the access to links for developmental opportunities and for grants. I will be using the ALEX site as a teacher. I will also provide parents with a handout of the site's address. I think it is a wonderful reference for everyone and should be utilized.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment